Eligibility Procedure
All athletes must submit a current PIAA physical form and meet proper age, academic, and residency requirements in order to compete. Cocalico requires athletes and parents to sign and agree to abide by a Code of Responsibilities during each sport season.


What is different about the physical procedure?
PIAA has mandated the use of the 6 Section Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) as the only acceptable physical form for all sports. These forms must be completed by the athlete's own physician. The school district will no longer provide sports physicals.

When can a physical be given for sports?
Sports physicals must be done AFTER June 1st and are effective for all sports seasons within the same school year until May 31 st.

Where do I get these new forms?
Students who attend any pre-season meeting will be given all the necessary forms needed. These forms can also be downloaded from the PIAA website www.piaa.org Look under the Resource tab for forms at this site.

What happens if an athlete plays more than one sport?
After the initial (CIPPE) form is completed a separate Section 7 from is to be completed by the parent prior to the start of the next sport season. This from will be given to athletes during the pre-season sign-up meeting. This process must be repeated for a third sport season of the same school year. If an injury occurs between seasons a Section 8 doctor's release must be completed.

What if an athlete gets hurt during a season?
If an athlete is injured during a sport season and is seen by a physician a note is needed releasing him/her back to participation. If the injury occurs late in the season & the athlete does not return to participate in that sport then a Section 8 Re- Evaluation form must be done by his/her physician to be eligible for the next season.

How does this process effect wrestlers who need the hydration test for weight certification?
The hydration test for all wrestlers is still required 3 weeks prior to the start of wrestling season. It is recommended that any wrestler who DOES NOT play a fall sport wait until after the hydration test is done by the high school athletic trainer so the Section 9 weight certification form can be signed by the physician along with the CIPPE form. Arrangements will be made for those fall athletes who wrestle to have this Section 9 weight certification form signed by a school physician. Wrestling parents are encouraged to call the athletic director or the wrestling coach if you have any questions about the hydration test.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.