Highlights of Taxpayer Relief Act
(Act 1 - 2006)
- Utilizes gaming dollars and local shift (PIT/EIT) to fund plan.
- Expands Senior Citizens Property Tax and Rent Rebate ($15,000 to $35,000 over 65, in July 1, 2007).
- Provides extra rebates of 50% to seniors whose property tax bill exceeds 15% of their income.
- Created ballot question to ask voters how to generate revenues for homestead/farmstead exclusions by PIT/EIT.
- Capped real estate tax increases to index.
- Allows for “10 Exceptions” to deal with increased costs for specific reasons.
- Establishes the Tax Study Commission.
- Provides an installment payment option to pay for property tax.
|Rev. Shawn K. Crills
||Andrew S. Gehman
||Larry L. Gensemer
|Rev. William Hoch
||John W. Lorah
||Carol S. Musser
||David D. Zimmerman
September 25, 2006
October 9, 2006
October 30, 2006
November 13, 2006 – Public Hearing
(All meetings at 7:00 p.m. in the Cocalico School District Administration Building)
Page Created November 2006
Page Modified December 2006